( I had no idea about Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Novel before... until the movie was released last November 26, 2008. I know, right! I am a book lover. If I want to buy new books, I go straightly to the bookstore, take a peek on some of those with interesting titles, and that's it. I don't give a crap on the trend or whatsoever. I'd read the first three Harry Potter Books a thousand times already (The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, The Prisoner of Azkaban) very long before someone planned on making a movie adaptation. Same thing with "The Notebook", "A Walk to Remember", "The Lord of the Rings", "The Da Vinci Code", "Angels and Demons"... hmm, now I'm wondering... when will they plan to make "Eleven Minutes" (Paulo Coelho) into the big screen. Well, good luck on that (not for the whole family, I think).
Back to Twilight... after watching the movie, I fell in love with the characters. They even show up in my dreams every now and then! Then I started to get curious if the movie was evenly adapted from the original storyline this wonderful Stephenie Meyer had made. So, someone very trustworthy sent me an e-book of "Twilight", "New Moon", "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" (I'd recently read a draft copy of "Midninght Sun" from the author's official website).
After reading Twilight, I got a little disappointed on the movie.. well, just a little... These are my reasons:
Some "must-be-very-good-to-watch-on-the-screen" scenes were missing:
* the part where Alice and Rosalie dressed Bella for the prom
* the part where Bella fainted during the "blood-typing" class
* the part where Alice, Emett, Edward and Bella planned nervously inside the jeep after the unexpected confrontation between the Cullens and the 3 Nomads
* etc! etc!
And some specific events that lead to relevant outcomes:
Like where Bella revealed her accurate theory on Edward that eventually made them become "official lovers". At the book, this event occured during the drive from Port Angeles (after Edward saved Bella from the drunk men and took her to dinner afterwards). While at the movie, it was that day after the "Port Angeles thing".. at the woods. Anyway, same result.
And some little parts were annoyingly changed:
*At the movie, I didn't see Edward inside the Emergency Room when Bella was almost crushed by Tyler's van.. while at the book, he was there.
*At the movie, Laurent is black... while at the book, Laurent is supposed to be olive-toned and the most beautiful of them three (the three stupid nomads).
* At the movie, I can't say that Victoria's hair is orange... while at the book, it is supposed to be (as emphasized) orange.. as in ORANGE!
* At the movie, Bella wore a sneaker on her one foot for the prom, while at the book, she wore a stilleto.
* At the movie, Charlie and Bella spend their every dinner at that small restaurant... while at the book, the ever-so-supposedly-responsible daughter cooks dinner every night.
* etc! etc!
About the main characters (on my own opinion):
* The artists that passed the descriptions on the book and did some justice on the story:
1. Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan (though she may have this star complex in reality)
2. Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen (he should be always like Edward.. yum!)
3. Billy Burke as Charlie Swan (typical strict father)
4. Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen (my most favorite character! cute!)
5. Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale (keep that pained face!)
6. Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen (big bear brother!)
7. Peter Facinelli as Dr. Carlisle Cullen (101% perfect for the character)
8. Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen (though she may not look like mid-twenties)
8. Bella's Friends (don't have to elaborate)
* However, these are the artists that I think should be replaced to do some justice with the descriptions:
1. Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale (supposed to be the prettiest immortal/mortal on earth)
2. Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black (c'mon, not fitted to be a werewolf, and definitely not for Edward's rival)
For those who haven't read the book up to the last installment (Breaking Dawn), don't get mad. Read them all before having some violent reactions. :-) )