SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management (SAP NetWeaver MDM) is an enabling foundation for enterprise services and business process management – providing a single version of the truth for customer, product, employee, supplier, or user-defined data objects.
Working across heterogeneous systems at disparate locations, SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management ensures cross-system data consistency through interactive distribution. It integrates business processes across the extended value chain, delivering features and functions to enable:
- Master data consolidation – Consolidate master data for companywide analysis and reporting. SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management consolidates and cleanses master data objects from disparate systems. After consolidation, it stores information from different systems in a centralized repository. Related rich content can be included to augment the data store.
- Synchronization and distribution of master data – Enable consistent data maintenance and distribution to ensure permanent harmonization of master data. Using global attributes, you can ensure that all systems receive the same master data during distribution – and enrich the distributed data objects with additional attribute values in the target systems. Distribution can be controlled, visible, and traceable, with active status management at each distribution step.
- Centralized management of master data – Supports companywide quality standards by ensuring that central control of master data begins as soon as the data is created. Centrally created master data can subsequently be distributed to client systems as required using interactive distribution.
- Administration of master data – Manage master data without custom code. A powerful interface supports administrative tasks such as data exception handling and assignment of role-based access to business processes and information. Data managers use the interface to configure data source merging, business rules, and distribution details to downstream applications.
- Management of internal content – Collect and centralize all your content – including parametric information and rich content such as images, paragraphs of text, PDF documents, and organizational intelligence about content – in an enterprisewide repository.
- Catalog search – Deploy intuitive interfaces that help you locate items internally, publish Web catalogs on e-commerce storefronts and in supplier enablement programs, and integrate easy-to-search catalogs into e-procurement solutions – all from a centralized repository, and all at speeds surpassing normal SQL-based queries.
- Print catalog customization – Disseminate product information directly from a centralized catalog repository to popular desktop publishing programs, and automatically generate fully formatted and populated page layouts.
- Multichannel syndication of product catalog content – Publish restructured and reformatted extracts or incremental updates of your product catalog content – and distribute them to trading partners in several delimited text and XML formats – on an unscheduled or regular basis.
- Business process support – Enable communication in a heterogeneous environment, and insert master data into other systems.
- Business analytics and reporting – Leverage synchronized data for reliable analysis and accurate reporting.