Shriya Saran Kajal Agarwal Anushka Shetty Tamanna Ileana Aishwarya Rai Katrina Kaif

Sunday, October 12, 2008

ABS Attack


My weight has been a great concern to me. Reaching certain phase in life, there shall be improvement in weight management as it could affect the health. Obese is a main problem to many, I am considered obese....alhamdulilah, the doctors (both at home and hospital) declared I am in excellent health. Been going to gym and managed to shed over 2 kg last three months. Whatever weight reduction is an achievement. For the first time, I am under 90 kg, 89 kg to be exact. There was an advertisement about free program called, ABS Attack at the club. First time, most of participants (majority were obese) were nearly fainted due to ABS attack. The simple but rigorous exercise focusing on abs was really good. I could feel my stomach in pain trying to follow the instructor's movement. The sighing and muttering could be heard from all of us even though the music was loud. Second time yesterday, we were using balls as part of the exercise. It was really hard and painful to stomach., not easy to balance the body weight while strecthing around. But I love it and looking forward to coming for the third session!

We DID it again



The City of Supertowers



43 today and moving on




June on the scale.

The searing heat is already unbearable. Outdoor activities to be curtailed drastically. It is predicted that the summer temperature to be hotter than last year, 2 to 3 celcius more. My office is on the beach side and the arabian gulf looks foggy. The palm island's reclamation works are still on progress advancingly and only about 20 percent more to go. We are preparing to start construction works in the next several months.

There is no looking back. I used to watching the palm jumeirah grow into a full scale development. There is nothing yet on the palm jabel ali, but time will tell another amazing story. Another amazing story, when I checked my weight at the club today, the scale showed 87.6. A tremendous weight loss from 92 kg three months ago. A BIG LOSER indeed! No looking back, I just need to further work hard on both challenges, palm island project and battle with own weight!

Wainuiomata College - 1983


It was about 24 years ago!

Lessons Learned

It was an interesting workshop held recently with presentations by four senior managers of my company.

The fast growing company, (which had about 20 something staff when I joined in 2002 and now already over 1,500 staff as well as billions worth of development projects) has gone through a lot of pains to reach another level of achievements.

Of course, there are a couple of failures due to improper plan coupled with human errors.

I am proud to be a part of this phenomenal success albeit some reservations on certain things. But that's life and we keep moving on to face challenges and learn through the ups and downs.

It is not a smooth sailing to survive in rat race world. Projects involved a lot of coordinations and human interactions.

The workshop was about learning through some bad experiences in managing mega projects with open mind and honesty. Nobody is perfect and nothing's wrong to admit that we made mistakes, both profesisonally and personally.

Some bad judgements costed the company millions in loss and of course, some jobs. People come and go but the company needs to survive while balancing the bottom line with a grand vision of HH Sheikh Mohamed to realise.

Somehow, the off-the-workshop encounter that really made me looking deep into my own consciousness.

There was a colleague, an emirati lady who shot at me with a frank comment of my attitude. Yes, I am a bad person in relationship as I have not been comfortable with some friends. We were in the same division until last January and were a bit close to share our work and personal thingies.

She was really upset that I did not make an effort to contact her after leaving the division, not even a hello and how are you kind of contacts. She had assisted me a lot as well during some turbalance period.

She did not mince her words and I just had to admit that she was right.

I am BAD.

We conciliated and moved on. I learned another lesson on personal basis, do not take things for granted and always remember that good friends are hard to come by, therefore, no excuse since it is only a call away to keep a good relationship.

(The emirati lady adalah ibu mertua pengerusi syarikat and a very humble, friendly lady of high stature from a well-known family)

No comments:

Post a Comment